toggle menu
"We are here to provide answers."

Child Support Program
Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, all of our locations are open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

However, most concerns can be addressed without visiting our offices, by contacting us by phone at (305) 530-2600 or by email and webchat by visiting the Florida Department of Revenue’s website (Florida Dept. of Revenue – Contact the Child Support Program (

You can apply for services online by visiting the Florida Department of Revenue’s website (Florida Dept. of Revenue – Apply For Child Support Services ( For further information on applying for services, please visit Applying for Child Support Services (Applying for Child Support Services – Office of Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle – Office of Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle (

The best way to obtain information about your case is online through Child Support eServices. You can also call our Customer Contact Center, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at (305) 530-2600. To verify your identity, you will be asked to confirm confidential information such as your Social Security Number, Date of Birth, and Address. Your case information is confidential. We will not discuss your case with anyone but you or a verified authorized representative for your case. If you would like to add an authorized representative to your case, please call us at (305) 530-2600.

If you are a recipient of public assistance benefits, you may be required to open a child support case and cooperate with the Child Support Program. Cooperation includes, but is not limited to attending court hearings, returning forms and documents and providing information that may be needed to establish a support order. Failure to do so could result in your benefits being terminated.

Yes. We will need a copy of your support order. If you do not have the order, you will need to obtain a copy or provide us enough information about it so we can obtain it from the other state. If the other parent lives outside of Florida, we may need to ask the other state for assistance to enforce the order.

Yes. The United States and the State of Florida have agreements with 51 countries for child support services. If the other parent resides in one of these countries, we can pursue child support with the assistance of that country. Unfortunately, if the other parent resides in a country that does not have a reciprocal agreement with the United States or the State of Florida, we have no jurisdiction to pursue child support.

No. Unfortunately, the services of the Child Support Program are limited to locating parents, establishing paternity and support, enforcement of a child support order and the modification of a child support order. If you wish to address custody and visitation matters, you may do so by filing your own legal action in Circuit Court. You may file the action on your own, with the assistance of the Family Court Self Help Program, or through legal counsel.

No. While an Assistant State Attorney will be present in court and assisting you with your case, they are not your attorney. Assistant State Attorneys represent the Florida Department of Revenue and the best interests of the child.

There are several tools that the Child Support Program has at its disposal to obtain compliance from a non-paying parent. For further information on what tools are available, please visit Complying with Support Orders.

Depending on the facts of your case, we can help you establish paternity and support. If your support order is eligible to be modified, we can assist with the process and we can help you make support payment arrangements.

If you receive a notice that your license is being suspended, there are options to stop the suspension. You can pay off your past due balance, make payment arrangements, or file a motion contesting the suspension in Circuit Court. If you would like to discuss these options with us, please contact our Customer Contact Center, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at (305) 530-2600.

Payments can be made online, by mail, or in person. For further information on how to make payments, please visit our Making Support Payments page.

Support payments should only be made through the State Disbursement Unit. Payments that are made directly to the parent due support are not credited towards your obligation and may result in the Child Support Program using its enforcement tools to achieve your compliance. If you are making direct payments, please call our Customer Contact Center, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at (305) 530-2600, to see if you qualify for a one-time crediting of direct payments.

The Child Support Program will issue an Income Withholding Order to all known employers. If the Child Support Program is garnishing more than your support obligation, please let us know immediately, by calling our Customer Contact Center, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at (305) 530-2600 and we will work with your employer to modify the amounts being garnished.

We can assist you by conducting a support order review to determine whether your child support obligation should be changed based on your current financial circumstances. First, we will send you and the other parent a financial affidavit. Once they have been returned, we will prepare Child Support Guidelines to determine what the child support obligation should be based on your current incomes. If a modification is warranted, we will proceed with preparing the necessary documents to modify your support order. If a modification is not warranted, we will notify you by mail that we will not be proceeding with a modification.