TITLE: Clerical Specialist III (OPS Payroll)
UNIT: Felony Screening Unit – Case Screening Unit
LOCATION: Office of State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle 1350 N.W. 12th Avenue Miami, FL 33136
The Intake Clerk II position in the Case Screening Unit of the Felony Screening Division, is responsible for preparing daily bond hearing calendars and creating new cases in Hydra. The work schedule for this position is 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and/or 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. accordingly. However, this may be occasionally adjusted to meet the needs of the unit. This position requires working weekends and some holidays.
The Job Responsibilities are:
- Preparing daily bond hearing calendars
- Creating new Hydra cases
- Conducting high volume research and data entry
- Conducting extensive telephone interaction with police officers who have made probable cause arrests
- Using secured and confidential databases to obtain criminal history records, civilian witness addresses, and police officers’ work schedules
- Performing other related duties as assigned
The Minimum Requirements are:
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Two (2) years of clerical experience
- Successfully passing the Skills Test
The Preferred Qualifications and Skills are:
- Possessing knowledge of the Criminal Justice System
- Customer Service experience
The Successful Candidate must be able to:
- Type 20 accurate words per minute
- Be detailed oriented with an emphasis on quality and accuracy
- Be self-reliant and able to identify, analyze and solve problems
- Work effectively under pressure and independently with all levels of staff
- Manage multiple priorities and meet stringent deadlines
- Possess and demonstrate significant knowledge of computer programs
Hourly Salary: $11.16*
*This position is being offered on Temporary OPS Payroll, with the potential of the candidate being transferred to Regular Payroll at a date to be determined.
To apply for this position, please complete and submit an application, and updated resume to SAOJobs@MiamiSAO.com. Applications can be downloaded from our website at: www.miamisao.com.
The State Attorney’s Office reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement or to withdraw the announcement without prior written or other notice. All information provided by applicants is subject to verification and background investigation. False statements or omission of information on any application materials may be grounds for non-selection, withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after being employed.
Only External Candidates will be considered
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employ